About Subscribe Submit news Get in touch
 
Home Opinion In depth Video LIVE news Interviews Company profiles Events diary Jobs
Crucial funding for British culture and heritage organisations now available through Heritage Fund | Planet Attractions
     

news

Crucial funding for British culture and heritage organisations now available through Heritage Fund

The second round of NLHF’s Culture Recovery Fund makes £36m available for sites across Britain




Sites such as Halifax’s Piece Hall benefitted from first round funding   Credit: PWhite/Yorkshire.com

The National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) is now accepting applications for its £36m (US$48.8m, €40m) recovery package designed to protect culture and heritage organisations in Britain from the economic impact of Coronavirus.

The second funding round since the start of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Cultural Heritage Fund is part of the larger £1.57bn (US$2.13bn, €1.74bn) fund announced by the British Government’s Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) in 2020.

The fund, says the NLHF, will support culture sites currently feeling the pressure, with a lack of visitors slashing normal income.

Awarded funding, which ranges from £10,000 (US$13,500, €11,100) to £3m (US$4.1m, €3.3m), will be used to help culture and heritage sites reopen when legally allowed to do so.

“This has been an exceptionally tough year and it is only thanks to emergency funding from the government and the National Lottery that much of our treasured heritage has been able to survive,” said Ros Kerslake, NLHF chief executive.

“We’ve seen heritage organisations work extremely hard to continue to inspire and connect with the public during 2020, despite the many challenges they have faced.

As we emerge from lockdown in 2021, we want to ensure there is support available to recover, reopen to the public and remain resilient, so this funding from the DCMS is hugely welcome.”

Applications for round two funding opened on January 7, with culture and heritage organisations able to make an application up until January 26.

A first round of funding took place in July last year, with great success for sites such as Manchester’s Victoria Baths, Brixton’s Black Cultural Archives and Halifax’s Piece Hall able to continue operations as a result of the funding boost.

For more information and to apply, click here.


Heritage

 

TAAPE 2024: Thailand’s premier attractions expo returns to Bangkok in September





‘Difficult comparisons’ as Universal theme park revenue drops by a tenth in Q2





Major new theme park to open on Polish coast in 2025




Industry insights



The world is on fire, so why should we care about cultural heritage?



Video



WATCH: Universal Creative shares story behind Epic Universe Preview Center


In Depth



Hole in One: How Holovis is changing the game with 360Golf



© Kazoo 5 Limited 2024
About Subscribe Get in touch
 
Opinion In depth Interviews
LIVE news Profiles Diary Video
Jobs
Crucial funding for British culture and heritage organisations now available through Heritage Fund | Planet Attractions
news

Crucial funding for British culture and heritage organisations now available through Heritage Fund

The second round of NLHF’s Culture Recovery Fund makes £36m available for sites across Britain




Sites such as Halifax’s Piece Hall benefitted from first round funding   Credit: PWhite/Yorkshire.com

The National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) is now accepting applications for its £36m (US$48.8m, €40m) recovery package designed to protect culture and heritage organisations in Britain from the economic impact of Coronavirus.

The second funding round since the start of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Cultural Heritage Fund is part of the larger £1.57bn (US$2.13bn, €1.74bn) fund announced by the British Government’s Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) in 2020.

The fund, says the NLHF, will support culture sites currently feeling the pressure, with a lack of visitors slashing normal income.

Awarded funding, which ranges from £10,000 (US$13,500, €11,100) to £3m (US$4.1m, €3.3m), will be used to help culture and heritage sites reopen when legally allowed to do so.

“This has been an exceptionally tough year and it is only thanks to emergency funding from the government and the National Lottery that much of our treasured heritage has been able to survive,” said Ros Kerslake, NLHF chief executive.

“We’ve seen heritage organisations work extremely hard to continue to inspire and connect with the public during 2020, despite the many challenges they have faced.

As we emerge from lockdown in 2021, we want to ensure there is support available to recover, reopen to the public and remain resilient, so this funding from the DCMS is hugely welcome.”

Applications for round two funding opened on January 7, with culture and heritage organisations able to make an application up until January 26.

A first round of funding took place in July last year, with great success for sites such as Manchester’s Victoria Baths, Brixton’s Black Cultural Archives and Halifax’s Piece Hall able to continue operations as a result of the funding boost.

For more information and to apply, click here.


 



© Kazoo 5 Limited 2024